1) Performs technical inspections and repairs of rack and pinion elevator equipment and systems to ensure conformity with maintenance standards, recommending adjustments as necessary to preserve equipment integrity or react to changing operating conditions.
2) Conducts thorough hands-on investigations and inquiries into equipment or system failures, and problem installations. Analyzes the effectiveness of preventive maintenance practices and suggests improvements in those practices.
Ensures technical requirements for redesigned equipment are properly documented. Coordinates with supervisors and provides field training for journeyman.
3) Works with engineering staff analyzing mechanical systems, electronic circuits, and peripherals used in Elevator Systems. Determines compatibility of parts procurement.
4)Evaluates circuit adaptability to various operating conditions. Evaluates electronic circuitry.
5) Assists certified inspectors in periodic field inspections on installed equipment to assure equipment is performing efficiently and to predetermined specifications.
6) Assists engineering staff by field testing proposed procedures, maintenance troubleshooting manuals, and inspection schedules for all equipment; and suggesting maintenance improvements in their technical definition to further reliability objectives.
7) Assists in providing effective technical assistance to and coordinating with training personnel on the development of instructional programs to assure that required skill levels are available to maintain elevator and escalator systems.
8) Prepares timely reports, as may be required, on general system or equipment problems, replacement parts and equipment performance standards.